4400 Cox Road, Suite 200, Glen Allen, Virginia 23060, United States
IT - Software
Richmond, United States
Aug 05, 2018
Job Posting Date:
Jul 05, 2018
We are looking for candidates who can work without sponsorship.
Title: Java Developer III
Location: Richmond, VA
Type: 12 months contract (would convert the right candidate into FT)
* Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
* Embraces agile methodologies to collaborate with business requirements managers to identify intent, creates design documents
* Performs program coding driven by meaningful testing
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
o Bachelor's degree in area of specialty (Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
o 6+ years of experience in the field or in a related area (including but not limited to functional or OOP languages)
o Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within production Java applications
o Relies on experience and judgment to plan approaches, accomplish goals and clearly identify risks
o Performs a variety of tasks including
o A degree of creativity and latitude is required.
o Relational Database Design
o Advanced Degree in IT related field
* Experience with SpringBoot including one or more of the following
* Experience with Cloud Platforms
* Microservice design driven architecture
* Functional programming concepts and libraries for Java
* DevOps experience for Zero-downtime cloud deployment
* Creative approaches to simplify codebases, analyze opportunities for improvement and enhance code performance
Experience in NodeJS, Python or GoLang programming concepts and best practices